Thursday, September 28, 2017

The grinding has begun...

I will admit, last week when Brian was showing me how to grind plastic, I was a little hesitant and nervous. It looked like a job for the strong, and I was completely doubtful of such strength residing within me. I made sure I understood all there is to do before trying the machine. I asked about the cleaning process, and even Dr. Cotter and Matt helped come up with better ways to save plastic and prevent excessive messiness in the lab when grinding. 

The first day I tried grinding, I realized my assumptions were on point. I was shaking as I turned it on to grind! However, after the first try, I got the hang of it. And with the aid of music, the second and third try was a breeze…

2 comments:

  1. I can tell you got the hang of grinding your plastics. It didn’t look like you had trouble grinding. I offered to help, but you seemed like you got it all figured out. You were right when you said Dr. Cotter and Matt came up with a brilliant idea. Now we can get more plastics in less time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the other day, I heard the machine grinding and I just tried to ignore it because I assumed it was Brian using it. When I decided to finally peek into the room, I saw that it was YOU! I was so surprised! Congrats on being able to handle this machine and making it look so easy (I’d be so scared to use it).

    ReplyDelete

DO NOT READ!

I sometimes wonder if certain hormones increase in levels during night time. I have come across an article which explains oxytocin levels r...