Thursday, December 7, 2017

DO NOT READ!


I sometimes wonder if certain hormones increase in levels during night time. I have come across an article which explains oxytocin levels rising during sleep, but I still haven't found the article which explains why I'm feeling emotional right now. (I shall update you all when I do :D )
As an INTJ, most of you know this by now, I like planning everything ahead. So when I joined S-STEM during my last semester, all I had planned was being focused on learning as much as I can before transferring, completely neglecting the fact that other scholars would be there too.
But things don't always turn out as planned, sometimes they turn out for the better. (sorry I sound like a fortune cookie). 
Long story short, I enjoyed every minute with you guys! I have never felt this accepted in a group for me to feel as comfortable as I've felt with you guys. Sammie, I've enjoyed every one of the chess games I have lost to you; gave us time to bond and I am so grateful I met another INTJ who understands how I function. It's always been easy to talk to you. Jazzie, I still dream about that pecan brownie... JK. In all seriousness, you're one of the strongest young women I've ever met. We didn't talk much, but when we did, we talked about pressing matters which convinced me of your strength. I am sincerely proud of you, Jazzie. Brenda, you being super focused and goal-oriented, I never got the chance to really talk to you...until that day you helped with the video making. Thank you so much for your assistance that day. And thank you for being patient with my nervously stuttering self. Brian, it's always been a pleasure talking to you about all those physics matters and whatnot. I also thank you for listening to me as I blab about the brain :D . And Maricruz, I don't think I would have talked to you as much had it not been for that trip to the biosphere, and am I grateful! I enjoyed every minute of our conversation, and I wish I had more time to have more of those conversations with you. 
A friend of mine used to say, "regret is for the weak." I am not regretting, but if I had the chance to do it all over again starting from August, I would put more time into getting to know each one of you. The lab was a safe haven for me, and you guys had a part to play; starting from opening the door as I bang on it, to being nagged by me to either be the president, vice president or the photographer of a certain robotics club (you know who you are :D )
I'm going to miss you guys SO much, and what better way to say it than on a blog? Thank you all for making my last semester here in PC memorable. 
The first thing I wrote on my blogs, the about me section, ended in a quote. So it's only fair I adjourn my blogging using the same quote...
"Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est!"

4 comments:

  1. Naya! I can’t grasp my mind around the fact that you are transferring to U of A next semester. I somehow am still thinking that you are still going to attend Phoenix College. Time truly flies, though. It’s incredible how fast it goes. Thank you for the sweet words! Just know that you’ve got a friend in me. I wish you nothing but luck in your future. See you later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Naya. I'm glad you had a great time in STEM. You were right, the people here are so welcoming and bright. I'm pretty sure you learned a lot from each scholar. I liked your opening paragraph blaming hormones for your emotions. YOU ARE ALWAYS EMOTIONAL haha. Overall, great experience. Also, you haven't mentioned Josh. I'm pretty sure he is getting a ten-page, single-spaced letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naya,
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're feeling emotions because you are human ;). I am going to miss you so much Naya, but Jasmine and I will come visit you at UofA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady,you are an awe-some human being!

    ReplyDelete

DO NOT READ!

I sometimes wonder if certain hormones increase in levels during night time. I have come across an article which explains oxytocin levels r...